WA Insane case in Family Court

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Dpj

1 July 2020
Situation is a sad mess and it never needed to be this way.
The grandmother doesn't deserve the kids. If you are essentially fighting the grandma do you have a court ordered psych report on her? Or did family report writer assess the grandma? Are there existing orders for her to look after the kids? The reason I ask is that the judge may not want to make the decision between you and the grandma without her being assessed. If that's the case then you'll cop another delay. I wouldn't risk it. How do you know for sure the grandma is going to seek the custody? Has she lodge her orders sought? If you don't have family report or psych report on the grandma I'll get them ordered by the court asap as well as request supeonas any medical/police info on her.

Anonanon

29 November 2021
We were all ordered to a be examined by a forensic psychologist who got the situation spot on.

The grandmothers orders sort is basically she takes custody in the event the mother is unwell. But in reality the grandmother is the primary caregiver.

There are 2 respondents to this case and the mother is the applicant. Grandmother threw dirt on me to level the playing field.

Dpj

1 July 2020
Cool. Sounds like you have it sorted. Good luck choosing the right barrister. And stay strong during the stressful lead up.