SA Family Will.

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

david jp

19 July 2020
Hello my father died in 1974 and I was aged 10. In 1982 my grandmother passed away after her husband (my grandfather ) passed away several years before. My grandmother owned a house that my father grew up in. When my grandmother died the will she wrote stated that the house she owned would go to one of her nieces, my aunties children because my father passed away in 1974 . I know this is nearly 40 years ago but i find this unfair that because my father had passed away, his mother ignored his children by giving the house to her grandchild, if my father had been alive im sure he and his family would have obtained half the value of his mother's house, can anything be done to obtain some value of the house? The cousin of mine who got the house was busy bringing Vietnamese and other Asian refugees into the country to live in the residence my father grew up in, i find these people offensive, regards David.