VIC Initiating Application for Custody of Children and Property Settlement?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

AllForHer

23 July 2014
No way to know regarding the request for an adjournment. If she's provided evidence of the injury, it might be allowed, but then if the only concern is being unable to fly, the Court might hold that she appear by telephone. If she hasn't provided any documents, though, it probably will grant more time.

You're only four months in to what is, on average, a two-year process.

Danstar

11 April 2016
You are correct. The Judge (Judges assistant) has replied to my ex's email asking if I am ok with her appearing by telephone...I feel like saying I do object to make it harder for my ex.

I've been taking time off work, driving to and from the city, getting my kids sorted out to be taken to school and picked up...and what's worse is she still hasn't even submitted any documents...so this will be another waste of time court hearing...

What would happen if I did object ?

AllForHer

23 July 2014
If you object, then Court will decide whether it will allow an adjournment or not.

If it was an adjournment, I would object, but if the Court wants an appearance by phone, I would accept that. This is just an interim hearing, after all.