NSW Identity requirement

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Atticus

6 February 2019
still waiting for a reply
@Tim W reply on page 2 of this thread answered your question very well I thought >>>
Mandatory? No.
Useful and convenient to avoid being accused of a breach of the PHO? Yes.

Necessary for an effective day to day independent-as-possible life? Also yes.
Maybe you're just not getting the reply you want to hear?

sammy01

27 September 2015
U'm Atticus, I think BUSH is talking about the fact that he wrote directly to the premier, rather than taking the advice here OR calling the Covid hotline. Nope, he wants the premier to respond to his email... I've already spoken to the PM, who is going to raise this at the UN and with Joe Biden.

Atticus

6 February 2019
U'm Atticus, I think BUSH is talking about the fact that he wrote directly to the premier, rather than taking the advice here OR calling the Covid hotline
Oh yeah, could be.... I'm sure they have their best minds right on it & he will hear back directly any day now :p

sammy01

27 September 2015
She did address this during the 11am press conference. But failed to answer my question about using tin foil

Scruff

25 July 2018
NSW
The solution should be simple. Goto Service NSW -> get a Photo ID card.

NSW has had these for years for people who don't have a drivers licence. Problem is, to get a photo ID card - you have to provide the same level of ID that you need to get a drivers licence!

To get all of that ID (open accounts etc) without a drivers licence, you're gonna need your birth certificate.

And I'm guessing you can figure out for yourself what you need to get a copy of your birth certificate, right?

Hilarious stuff.

The stupidity of it all is no different to people being unable to access services because they don't have a mobile phone - as if it's some kind of human appendage. Oh hang on a minute - apparently they are these days, especially if you drive.

Well I haven't spouted one yet - so I guess I must be a late bloomer.

Hint: Whatever you do, make sure you use that medicare card at least once every five years - otherwise you'll really be screwed.