Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
Certification is the formal attestation or confirmation of certain characteristics of an object, person, or organization. This confirmation is often, but not always, provided by some form of external review, education, assessment, or audit. Accreditation is a specific organization's process of certification. According to the U.S. National Council on Measurement in Education, a certification test is a credentialing test used to determine whether individuals are knowledgeable enough in a given occupational area to be labeled "competent to practice" in that area.

View More On Wikipedia.org
  1. H

    NSW citizenship certificate

    the city of sydney website states: "The certificate is legal proof of your Australian citizenship. You can frame the certificate later but it must not be laminated (as it will no longer be a legal document)." If someone has mistakenly done lamination to preserve the certificate, what are the...
  2. JHamilton

    QLD Separation certificate

    I had a 12mth contract for a part time position of 20hrs a week. The terms of the position changed and they wanted someone fulltime, the position was to be advertised and I could apply if I wanted to. Due to health issues I could not work full time so I did not apply. I was given a months...
  3. milsy22

    QLD Separation Certificate - misconduct

    I recently resigned (29 June 2020) without notice due to problems with a line manager (in Perth), a known bully who has been the cause of many acrimonious departures. I had been discussing my reasons for leaving with the local State Manager, who agrees this person is a problem, but no-one had...
  4. Dellamb

    ACT Ex taken my daughter despite not being on birth certificate or registration.

    So my ex and I have had quiet a horrible break up but to make matters worse off for myself he has taken all 3 Kids (2 BIO, 1 NOT) and moved them out of the A. C. T. He is NOT even on my almost 2yr olds birth certificate SO HOW CAN HE JUST BE ABLE TO REMOVE HER FROM THE A. C. T AGAINST MY...
  5. dylanlt

    NSW What is the gravitas of a doctor's certificate?

    This is a situation I am coming across for a second time in NSW while working for the federal government. The employee was asked to get a doctor's certificate regarding COVID-19; this employee has a genetic condition which significantly exacerbates the risk. The employer was hoping that the...
  6. B

    VIC Certificate Of Title

    Hi there, I have a question that needs answering. My husband and I have title to our property that used to be in my father in laws name. My father in law lives with us but has his own section of our house. My father in law got married to a lady from overseas who has now lived in one side of our...
  7. A

    TAS Certificate of title property

    Who holds onto certificate of title? Solicitor or new owner?
  8. J

    VIC Lost certificate of title

    Hi l lost the certificite of title to my home in an accident several years ago. l thought its time l went about getting a new one, l checked the lands titles office and my name is there as the registered proprietor of the property. How difficult is the process? do l need a conveyancer or...
  9. B

    QLD 60i certificate

    Hi, I’ve been issued a 60i Cert & are waiting to be served papers for family court - I’ve been waiting nearly 3 wks now for the papers. During this time, I’ve been given (by a solicitor) court date, place & judge name. How can they confirm details before I’m even served the papers? When the...
  10. C

    Proving citizenship of someone else ?

    Hi, My father is an australian citizen and I was born abroad. I would like to obtain australian citizenship, but I’m not in contact with my father anymore. It seems that his citizenship certificate is mandatory for the application ? Can I obtain a certificate proving his citizenship myself ? Can...