VIC How to Write a Statement to Magistrates Court?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

DMQC

29 June 2016
I don't quite understand the issue you're referring to, but am I correct in thinking the neighbours built a new fence in the same location as the old fence, which is not at the correct location, i.e. it is more on your side of the boundary?

Wai

21 November 2017
Hi,

It is a long story. The neighbors built the new fence inside our property. They said the old fence was there for 25 years. I just wondering how much it will cost them if they go to claim adverse possession?

I also want to know if I need to provide all the evidence when I loge a complaint at the magistrates court or only need to provide evidence when I am having the hearing?

Thanks

Tripe

22 May 2017
Your neighbour can't change (build) a new boundary fence without your permission.

You own 50%, they only own 50%, no one owns a majority share and can override the other.

You have the legal right to have the new fence pulled down and the old fence re established.

Wai

21 November 2017
Hi, Tripe,

Thank you very much. We will take this to the court. Do we need to hand in all the evident when I loge the complain to the court or we can present the evident during the hearing?

Thanks

Tripe

22 May 2017
You are better off issuing a letter of demand to your neighbour to reinstate the fence, if this fails then you can consider your legal options.

Contact you nearest community legal centre, they normally give you 1 hour of free legal advice.