NSW Help! Ex wife refuses to give address

Discussion in 'Family Law Forum' started by Getmatthews, 2 January 2020.

1. Getmatthews

Getmatthews Active Member

Need to find the address of my ex wife so she can be served legal documents.

I have a pending court case against her as for the past year she has refused to let me see my son.

Just before Christmas my lawyer's representative went to her house to serve legal documents and discovered it was vacant. They had also tried going to my son's school at pickup and dropoff time but they could not locate her.

I have pleaded with her to provide her current address but she still refuses.

Any ideas on how we can legally find this women would be greatly appreciated. The quicker we find her the better.

2. Rod

Rod Lawyer
    LawTap Verified

Subpoena the school for the address, or apply for alternative service (eg her parents address).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Getmatthews

Thanks for your advice. I thought about going down the school route but it's holidays at the moment so I don't know if that'll be effective... but yeah sounds good.

4. gunners

gunners Active Member

Do you no longer have a lawyer?

5. Getmatthews

Rod I've read some about some cases where the legal documents / subpoenas were served via email to the other party is this true?

6. Getmatthews

Yes I still do

7. Rod

Rod Lawyer
    LawTap Verified

Generally applications are not served via email. A court wants to be sure the other party is aware court action has commenced and it is your obligation to convince the court the other party is aware of pending court action.

You can try email but the other party will need to cooperate and send back an acknowledgement of service.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Getmatthews

Thank you very much for your advice Rod.