VIC Divorce and Separation

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Gopalchand

22 October 2020
Hello,

I am a temporary resident of Australia and have been since October 2019. I arrived in Australia with my dependent wife. But some days after arriving, she left to live somewhere else than my own place. After that, we have had minimal contact only and I have lived alone till now. It has been mentally draining and I have been diagnosed with Anxiety and Panic attack issues recently. I suspect this kind of marriage scenario is one reason for that. I recently tried to contact my wife to ask about her residential address and she refuses to provide it. I want this relationship to end for which I want to legally file for a divorce as a sole applicant. However, I have no address to serve her the documents. The last known thing that I have about her is the mobile number she uses.

Hence, I want to ask whether I can apply for dispensation of serving in this scenario with proper proof that I have lived alone (separated) since November 2019 till now. The requirement for a 'no fault' divorce is applicable in this scenario based on the time we have lived separately.

Please advise accordingly. Thank you.