QLD Gold Coast City Council Parking Fines Dispute with SPER

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

S. Jackson

20 July 2015
SPER is demanding fines be paid. I have already requested multiple times that they be seen in court, but the other parties are unresponsive, i.e the traffic camera office is not responding to my requests for the matter to go to court... and the Gold Coast city council doesn't respond to the parking fines... What can I do? All requests were made in a timely manner.

I have also requested revocation papers. SPER acknowledges everything, but at the same time ignores everything. SPER is not acting lawfully, denying my requests and my rights for these matters to go to traffic law court.

These matters have gone on for about 3 years and after about 20 letters back and forth stating this and the fact that all fines are illegal before conviction, I don't know what else I can do to get them off my back.

They have suspended my drivers licence multiple times, but I have never been pulled over, even while police have been behind me. I want to know why this agency can get away with such unlawful acts?

Sarah J

Well-Known Member
16 July 2014
Melbourne, Victoria
Hi S.Jackson,

The SPER is a state agency. You can lodge a complaint against them with the QLD Ombudsman and they will, at the very least, get SPER to respond to your requests.