QLD Gold Coast City Council Parking Fine - Need Help On Dispute

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

tahls

29 July 2018
Hey,
I parked at a Gold Coast City Council (GCCC) 2P Metered zone, went to the meter and tried to use my card to pay for the parking. The meter wouldn’t work with the card (wouldn’t pick up or go onto the page where you can use a card), so I used cash and it worked perfectly. (I paid for 2 hours parking) I came back 1 hour and 40 minutes later to a infringement fine on my car with the 007 code. I went back to the meter and it says that I still have 20 minutes left on my parking (which I have a picture of). There were 5 cars on either side of me using the same meter that all got fines, and three people at the meter all with the same problem that they paid and still got a fine. Pls help, how do I dispute this!

Rob Legat - SBPL

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
16 February 2017
Gold Coast, Queensland
lawtap.com
Write to the Council telling them exactly what you've told us. Have a look here: City of Gold Coast | Parking fines and read the Review Policy. Part 4 of the policy has guidance on how to make a request for withdrawal of the notice. There's a link to making your request online as well.