Australia's #1 for Law

Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

VIC Giving False Information to Corrections Victoria and Adult Parole Board?

Discussion in 'Criminal Law Forum' started by rabbit, 13 February 2015.

  1. rabbit

    rabbit Member

    13 February 2015
    Likes Received:
    A friend has given the Adult Parole Board (APB) and Corrections Victoria a false name in order for her b/f to be released from prison and be granted parole.

    He b/f applied for her address and her and her children to live with when granted parole.
    A home assessment was conducted and they denied it as his an SVO. And should not live with young children as they are not his.

    So she moved address and then her b/f applied with new address and living with a "family member" no children.

    Now things have turned sour, there is extreme family violence and she wants to seek am AVO against him and wants him put of her house but now fears that she will get her self undone, because she is not meant to be at this address the " family member" is.

    She has said that if an AVO is issued on a parolee then that would be sent to corrections, then corrections will know she has given a false name.

    She is scared she doesn't know what to do.
    II think she can be charged with fraud or impersonation or something?
    I should also note, that no identification was supplied just her word.
    She did send a letter with the "family member" signature though.

    This person does not exist so would it be fraud.

    This is really serious and I don't think she thought it through at the beginning. I want my friend and her children safe; but she is fearful or getting into serious trouble with the law.
    any help would be appreciated.
  2. Ivy

    Ivy Well-Known Member

    10 February 2015
    Likes Received:
    Hi Rabbit,
    My thoughts are: Your friend needs to leave the situation immediately. She needs to take herself and her children to a women's refuge or other safe place. From there, she will need legal assistance. I recommend that she contact a women's legal service or Legal Aid. Her lawyer can advise her of the likelihood of being charged for giving false information.

    However, it is very important that she doesn't wait any longer in this situation. It will only get worse for her if her children remain exposed to this man. It is far more serious to continue to expose her children to a violent offender than it is to leave now, admit her error and get her children somewhere safe.
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...

Share This Page