NSW Faulty Motorbike - Help very appreciated!

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

TheGR1MFacade

10 July 2020
Bought a used motorbike a month ago, a Hyosung 650 gt. haven't driven it since until yesterday in which the bike died. After a checkup at a mechanic, multiple problems were found to which we weren't informed of when buying the vehicle including faulty electrical's, broken voltage regulator and various engine oil leaks . seller refuses to compensate at all or even be helpful. How do i make a claim for misleadingly being sold a faulty vehicle from a private seller for court? The private seller is a "diesel mechanic" so there's no way he didn't know about the faults considering we have spent less than a few hours on the bike. Thank you for any and all help!

rjm

2 February 2020
Bad news I'm afraid. You've bought it privately with no warranty. It's buyer beware. If you don't have mechanical experience it's wise to have the vehicle inspected before you purchase. Costly lesson but you won't make the same mistake again.
When I was a teenager I swapped my road bike for a trail bike. First time my uncle laid eyes on it he asked me what was under a piece of electrical tape that was wrapped around the frame. We took it off & found out the frame was cracked! The guy that got my road bike made out like a bandit. Absolutely nothing I could do.