NSW Family Law - Lodging a Successful 79A?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Roses1

29 January 2015
I recently went to court and the judge noted that I should seek advice as to the success of lodging a 79A Family Law matter in response to questions raised.

I would really like some feedback regarding lodging 79A's. More importantly, if your solicitor in the first instant failed to act on repeated instructions to instigate discovery prior to the hearing and an inadequate discovery results in failure of 79A application, where does that leave me?

Also, in recent weeks, I have had a voicemail and text message from a person who claims to have prepared all court documents for the respondent, (I know this as the third parties handwriting is on all correspondence, and they were also present at every hearing, even though I requested they be removed as I felt intimidated) who now states that all documents submitted were untruths and that should I want to lodge 79A, to contact them and they will provide proof.

N Knight

27 December 2015