Ex trying to violate child arrangement orders- what to do?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Ven55

24 February 2019
Hello, all.
I need help in regards to an existing family court order regarding my daughter who stays with my ex-wife. I have visiting rights by which I have to collect my daughter from school at 6pm on alternate fridays and drop at 6 on sunday.

As my ex changed her address, now she is unwilling to keep the schedule and every time, we have to exchange 10-12 emails to agree on time and place. She now asks me to come at different location at 5.30 which may not be possible for me when I start working from office (CBD Melbourne).
My divorce has been granted and I am awaiting final orders.
Kindly suggest what are my options.
Sincere thanks.

sammy01

27 September 2015
how old is the child?
Can you clarify? pick up child from school at 6pm? really?
Do you have final orders? I'm thinking not? How different are the interim orders to what you would finally like?

What do the orders say? Especially about the drop off?

Ven55

24 February 2019
Clarification: Child is 10. School has a daycare in it. I am supposed to pick from there. the child is still going to school as my ex is essential worker.

sammy01

27 September 2015
I fail to see a problem here. You don't have to change your game plan because she moves house.... Not without a little give and take? tell me would you like to pick child up earlier on Friday?

Nice letter.
Dear ex.
At this point in time it is going to be necessary to stick to the orders around pick up / drop off times. I'll try to swing a few things to accommodate your request and if I can sort something out I will let you know.

How easy was that...

Ven55

24 February 2019
Thanks, Sammy.
I understand and trust me, have tried such things many times.
After I got visitation rights through the court against her wish, her IVO got thrashed by the megistrates' court, and then divorce granted, she is furious and trying to steal my peace of mind by using the only point that she has got- the custody of the child.
I have asked for the suggestions only when all the nice things have failed. Sad but this is what it is.

Regards

I fail to see a problem here. You don't have to change your game plan because she moves house.... Not without a little give and take? tell me would you like to pick child up earlier on Friday?

Nice letter.
Dear ex.
At this point in time it is going to be necessary to stick to the orders around pick up / drop off times. I'll try to swing a few things to accommodate your request and if I can sort something out I will let you know.

How easy was that...

Immismum

11 May 2020
So is she picking up your child from school earlier than you can get there? Or has she changed schools? What is actually happening on the Friday when you are meant to be doing pick up?