VIC Violation of Intervention Order Set Against Ex-Girlfriend?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
24 October 2018
I won't get into much detail about the relationship beforehand but given I had applied and was accepted a interim by a magistrate to place an intervention order against my now ex-girlfriend, I am seeking the further understand my responsibilities as the applicant.

Recently I have considered returning to her as I have personally changed my mind whether placing a court issued order was relevant or going too far from a simple domestic argument. If myself an applicant wishes to contact the person who I applied against for my protection, will I get criminally prosecuted and or could I risk her being charged for violating an intervention order?

sammy01

27 September 2015
Don't do it...

Why? Well she could accuse you of harassment and get an AVO against you. You have gone to all this trouble to make sure she can't contact you... Then you call her... And she is not allowed to talk to you.

Don't do it...

WHY? Well, my opinion to her would be don't do it. So you make contact, she agrees to meet you, things go well you start hanging out. You have an argument, you call the cops, she goes to jail.

But also, either you need protecting or you don't. The courts have determined you needed protecting. But lets look at it from her perspective. You no longer think the AVO is justified, how must she feel to have gone through all this when you don't t even think it justified.... I doubt she'd want to talk to you.

Ok - that said.

Reactions: Migz

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
You drop the IVO. Form FVIO9.