QLD Contravention order- manipulated ( withold child)

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

ATE000Rosemary

9 May 2021
Hi, I have court order since Sep. 2021.
50% parental responsibility, half of school holiday, and have child on alternative weekend.
First incident:
Court order said odd year father has first school holiday and change over occurr on Sunday for December long holiday. (First week of school holiday land on my weekend as routine I picked up child from school at 3pm on Friday and return on Sunday 3pm. ) we also have Mediation agreements that school holiday begins from last day of school day. The mother said to me change over on Sunday and I don't have her consent to pick up child on Friday. She then withold child from school and not let me know where was the child and insist I can't pick up child untill Sunday.
I asked two laywers and they all said I should be picking up child from Friday afternoon.
2. The order said we both can access to childs medical record. And she gave false information. She gave me the clinic which the child does not go anymore. And the clinic where my child attended which involved in very serious injuries she refused to provide.
3. Reneged on each Mediation agreement which is benefit for me to be able to contact my chil.
4. Recently, court order said I have alternative weekend and my ex want to input the odd and even week idea which is not mentioned in court order. She refused to let me pick up child from school as alternative weekend basis and force me to accept her odd /even schedule which impact for whole year and increase more travel on special day. . If I don't go to pick up child on the week she asked me to then I can't pick him up next weekend also.
Are these enough for contravention application?

sammy01

27 September 2015
Worth going to court over? hell no.
Why? well in the grand scheme of things, these are minor breaches. What you're risking is her finding out she can actually push a hell of a lot further without the courts doing anything much at all.
Go stand outside family court, look at the body langage of the blokes... Look at the body language of the women. It is a debacle.

Not legal advice - just a casual observation from when I was in a similar situation... I'd write to the ex and explain that her interpretation of the orders minimises your time and that given you have substantially less time overall, would it kill her to consider looking at the orders in a fashion that does not minimise your contact, after all given you have less time the child also has less time with one parent.....
In short try a bit of gentle persuasion. But not worth taking court action over