Australia's #1 for Law

Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

NSW Emotional Abuse from Ex-Partner

Discussion in 'Personal Injury Law Forum' started by Linda12345, 28 July 2016.

  1. Linda12345

    Linda12345 Member

    28 July 2016
    Likes Received:
    My ex-partner and I have been fighting for over a year. He believes that I have purposely try to hurt him, accusing me of doing things that I haven't. I am constantly explaining myself and he will not listen. He name calls me, saying I'm a liar and that I'm a sick and twisted person.

    He spent at least 30mins screaming and swearing at me while I was curled up in a ball crying. In between screams, he would break glass, punched walls. The pain of his rage eventuated with me cutting myself to take my own life. This led him to escalate the anger further to more abusive words with threats to call the police.
  2. Sophea

    Sophea Guest

    This sounds like a very dangerous situation Linda12345. Emotional abuse is still classified as domestic violence and is actionable. I would leave the situation as soon as you can and move in with a friend or relative. You can obtain a protection order while you sort things out.

    These websites provides some practical advice.
    Domestic Violence - Violence Against Women SU : Lawlink NSW

Share This Page