Divorce with 500 subclass student visa

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

JaneLe

10 September 2018
Hello all,
I come to Australia with my husband who is attending phD program with 500 subclass student visa. We just came here for 1 year but I have some stuffs and wanna divorce with him. Could anyone please tell me how we can do that? and after divorce, can he cancel my visa or I can keep my visa until deadline? Because we have 2 children and I want to keep them here with education and also want they get their father love too. I want to leave far from him but both us take care the children too. Can I do that?

Thank you very much for your answer,
Kind regards,

jackaustin

16 July 2021
Hello all,
I come to Australia with my husband who is attending phD program with 500 subclass student visa. We just came here for 1 year but I have some stuffs and wanna divorce with him. Could anyone please tell me how we can do that? and after divorce, can he cancel my visa or I can keep my visa until deadline? Because we have 2 children and I want to keep them here with education and also want they get their father love too. I want to leave far from him but both us take care the children too. Can I do that?

Thank you very much for your answer,
Kind regards,
Hi, I am on a student visa, subclass 500. It’s been a year i divorced my husband and living independently. When I applied for my visa 2 years ago, I included my ex-husband’s information in my spouse’s details though things were not going right between us. He is in Australia on his independent student visa. Now, since I am separated with him, I want to change my marital status as divorced. I also checked form no 1022. But I am not sure if just ticking marking the divorced status on the form and submitting it would be enough. Kindly suggest what I am supposed to do.