Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Mark B

28 September 2014
I was on a time to pay order under Traffic Law, to pay the fines that had incurred on my drivers licence in 2009.
I was lucky enough to pay them off entirely, and in doing so, received a letter from the Western Australia's Attorney General Department a letter that stated that my licence was reinstated in full.

In January this year, I contacted the WA Department of Transport about a vehicle transfer and was told
late in the conversation by the telephonist that she has stumbled across 91 unserved points,
and that I need to hand my license in and start my suspension.

January 2014 was the first time I heard about these alleged points that dated back to 2009,and they were never mentioned prior to January when I;
*renewed my licence for 5 years in 2010
*transferred other vehicles into my name
*and on several occasions when having been pulled over by the police was handed back my license and sent on my way.

I feel if the Department of Transport had made a reasonable effort to contact me all those years ago, I could have sorted the problem then, instead of looking at almost a 3 year suspension at this present time.

Can anybody help me?

Michael T

9 April 2014

Mark B

28 September 2014
Hi Michael,
I've tried negotiating with the transport dept,but as soon as I mention to them that they made no reasonable attemps to contact me in regards to this matter,they get defensive and the conversation turns into a blaming match.They don't want to listen to the fact that I have proof of there mistake and they then end the conversation

Phildo

1 November 2014
Blimey.

91 points?

This has got to be good - please tell us what they're all for.