Australia's #1 for Law

Join 11,000+ Australians. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, Want peace of mind with personalised and confidential legal advice today? Visit LawTap to find the right Australian lawyer and book online instantly.

WA Department of Transport - 91 Unserved Points?

Discussion in 'Traffic Law Forum' started by Mark B, 2 October 2014.

1. Mark B

Mark B Member

I was on a time to pay order under Traffic Law, to pay the fines that had incurred on my drivers licence in 2009.
    I was lucky enough to pay them off entirely, and in doing so, received a letter from the Western Australia's Attorney General Department a letter that stated that my licence was reinstated in full.

In January this year, I contacted the WA Department of Transport about a vehicle transfer and was told
    late in the conversation by the telephonist that she has stumbled across 91 unserved points,
    and that I need to hand my license in and start my suspension.

January 2014 was the first time I heard about these alleged points that dated back to 2009,and they were never mentioned prior to January when I;
    *renewed my licence for 5 years in 2010
    *transferred other vehicles into my name
    *and on several occasions when having been pulled over by the police was handed back my license and sent on my way.

I feel if the Department of Transport had made a reasonable effort to contact me all those years ago, I could have sorted the problem then, instead of looking at almost a 3 year suspension at this present time.

Can anybody help me?

2. Michael T

Michael T Well-Known Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Mark B

Mark B Member

Hi Michael,
    I've tried negotiating with the transport dept,but as soon as I mention to them that they made no reasonable attemps to contact me in regards to this matter,they get defensive and the conversation turns into a blaming match.They don't want to listen to the fact that I have proof of there mistake and they then end the conversation

4. Phildo

Phildo Well-Known Member

Blimey.

91 points?

This has got to be good - please tell us what they're all for.