- Australia's #1 Legal Community is a community of 10,000+ Australians, just like you, helping each other.
Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
Join us, it only takes a minute:

VIC Banned from Driving in Peru - Get Australian Drivers Licence?

Discussion in 'Traffic Law Forum' started by BASMIR, 12 September 2015.

Find a Lawyer Form
Find a Lawyer Form
Find a Lawyer Form

    BASMIR Member

    12 September 2015
    Likes Received:
    I am from Lima, Peru (South America) and I will go to Melbourne for studies purposes for 2 years
    with a student visa (and maybe apply for a permanent residency visa).

    I recently had a big problem in my homeland. I was driving with alcohol and had an car accident (Blood alcohol content 0.08) without personal injuries and no legal problems, but in Peru the Department of Transport has cancelled indefinitely my drivers licence (even this is my first offence)

    I want to know if it is possible to get a drivers licence from Victoria with my current situation.
  2. Ozwarlock67

    Ozwarlock67 Well-Known Member

    16 April 2015
    Likes Received:
    Shouldn't be a problem. Really, you're starting from scratch in another country so you will have to go through the whole thing. Learner's permit, then P plates.
    BASMIR likes this.

Share This Page