QLD Criminal Record 25 years Ago but No Conviction was Recorded?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Elf

30 August 2017
Hi,

I am wondering about the consequences of a guilty plea 25 years ago in a magistrates court in QLD but at the time, no conviction was recorded and the judge said this was so that it would impede my work chances as the wrongdoing would never be repeated of that he was certain. And he was also certain that I would contribute greatly to society's benefit. And I have led a blameless life until now.

I have however had cause to have a crime check for the purpose of getting an overseas visa and working overseas. It seems that my crime check has stalled even though I expected that it would apply that I had no criminal record, which is what the judge told me to say at the time as well. It would never need to have been spent I thought. As it had not been a conviction it would not be a spent conviction.

I have previously worked overseas, I am currently working for the health service in QLD and I had already in several instances had a crime check done - or so I assumed. Under what circumstances would No Disclosable court outcomes become Disclosable court outcomes?

I would work in a similar capacity in administration for a health service overseas, so same job I have been doing for 10 years but only in another place. Surely to disclose any court outcomes would be considered as discriminatory after such a lengthy time and there is no risk attached.