working overseas

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
  1. A

    QLD Hidden Passport - Grandparents Keeping Children from Father?

    I'm a single father. I’ve been living and working overseas for more than 15 years and wife passed away. My children, 11 and 15 years old, were born and raised overseas where I’m living. I allowed them to live with my parents and go to school in Australia for the last 3 years to study English...
  2. Z

    NSW Husband Working Overseas Wants a Second Marriage?

    I have one son who is 11 years old. We are Muslims. I live in Sydney with a Permanent Residency visa. My husband is working overseas in Dubai, but now my husband wants a second marriage because he thinks I cannot fulfill his expectations. After the second marriage, he wants his wife to live in...
  3. E

    QLD Criminal Record 25 years Ago but No Conviction was Recorded?

    Hi, I am wondering about the consequences of a guilty plea 25 years ago in a magistrates court in QLD but at the time, no conviction was recorded and the judge said this was so that it would impede my work chances as the wrongdoing would never be repeated of that he was certain. And he was...
  4. mkr

    VIC Getting New Child Support Assessment?

    Hi all, I separated from my wife some years back, and at the time, I was working overseas earning very good income. We established consent orders and agreement for property settlement, spousal maintenance and child support. These agreements were conditional on my continued role overseas. For...
  5. N

    WA Pay taxes, but no protection... HELP!

    Hello, I’m desperately seeking some advice. In February 2014, I was working in WA on a 457 Visa for an Engineering and Construction Company Forge Group. I had been working for them for almost 3 years, and was paying taxes in accordance with law, which was i believe 45% of my earnings. The...
  6. Z

    NSW Divorce from Overseas - Property Settlement in Australia?

    My wife and I were married overseas. I have divorced her legally overseas two years ago in the same marriage country...but neither of us have submitted the divorce in Australia. My question the divorce considered or recognised in Oz from the date it took place overseas for the purpose...
  7. D

    QLD Being Sued for Overseas Debt Dispute - What to Do?

    I have been working overseas in Indonesia for a property management company and have ended up in a debt dispute between a client and which should be direct with the company that I was working for. The manipulative owner of the company owes me money also and I believe he owes the client money...
  8. xtrippyx

    QLD Traffic Law - What Does 'Serious Traffic History' Mean?

    I'm considering working overseas and as a part of the eligibility for the program, you cannot have serious traffic history. As I am a foolish green p-plater I have a significant amount of traffic history (totalling 46 demerit points lost on my red p's and first year of green p's.) Most of them...
  9. S

    QLD Back Injury when Working Overseas - Personal Injury Claim?

    Is it possible to claim for a back injury that occurred whilst working overseas? i.e.back to the company I worked for. I left the job about 6 months ago as continued to have regular back pain and thought I needed a break...however 6 months later I am still having continual back pain and am...
  10. U

    VIC Working Overseas - Do I Have to Pay Tax?

    I am living and earning overseas (working overseas). I have a permanent home overseas for the last 17 years. After I came to Australia in 2008, my family stayed back in Australia and I continued to live and work overseas. I am a dual citizen overseas. My family continued to live in Australia at...