- Australia's #1 Legal Community is a community of 10,000+ Australians, just like you, helping each other.
Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
Join us, it only takes a minute:

NSW Convert Working Holiday Visa to Student Visa?

Discussion in 'Immigration Law Forum' started by salman911, 6 June 2016.

  1. salman911

    salman911 Active Member

    5 February 2016
    Likes Received:
    Hi guys,

    A friend of mine asked this question:

    She is in Australia on working holiday visa and it expires end of July. She wanted to start studying at University. Is it possible that she can apply for a student visa on shore before her holiday visa expires?

    Any pointers towards the query would be much appreciated.
  2. Sophea

    Sophea Well-Known Member

    16 April 2014
    Likes Received:
    I'm not sure on the precise ins and outs of it but even if her student visa does not come through by the time her working visa finishes, she may be able to get a bridging visa.

    You can read about it here: Bridging Visas

    Here is some other information on how to apply for a student visa:

    And if you are still in doubt give IMMI a call on 131 881

Share This Page