WA Change to life insurance

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Blondie1967

26 August 2017
If a husband changed the value of a wife's life insurance policy after seperation without her concentration or knowledge, would that be enough evidence to apply for an AVO?

sammy01

27 September 2015
no...Not even close...

It is possible to get divorced and organise property settlement without an AVO....

AllForHer

23 July 2014
I think I see what you're alluding to, here, but no, that on its own does not constitute domestic violence. Also, the wife, at some point, did give her consent for the husband to change the value of her insurance policy, because the insurer simply would not speak with him unless she had authorised them to do so, so rather than try and insinuate that by changing the value of a life insurance policy, the husband has somehow threatened the wife or made her feel unsafe, the more reasonable response is to contact the insurer and have him removed as an authorised person to whom the insurer can speak.

SamanthaJay

4 July 2016
AllForHer, my ex (not at the time) owned the policy my life was insured under. He had to give his authority for me to even discuss the policy!