Can my ex's new partner be excluded from parenting arragements?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

JJ2022

11 January 2022
We just separated and my kids don't want to spend time with his new partner. She was a secret affair, and they are 10, 12 and 14. So they feel a bit cheated on as well. She insists on being at every meeting with the kids. She walks 5 meters ahead of him to the meeting. He follows behind looking weak. The kids refuse to go near them because she turns up when they think they are just going to see Dad. What do I do?

sammy01

27 September 2015
You discuss it with dad. Ultimately it is has choice. That said- I have done mediation twice. Both times I had to complete a course and bringing new partners to change overs is one thing on the bad list.... especially when things are new and still raw

JJ2022

11 January 2022
Thanks Sammy. So it not right to do that then. I checked on Dadsdivorce.com and they also say it is a bad idea and will push the kids away. She controls his life and has taken over. I'll just stop trying to organize anything. It's not working :(