NSW Breach of Telecommunications Law

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

kelly Porter

2 April 2015
I am currently being threatened to be taken to court and be "put behind bars" for breaking the telecommunications law apparently.

this is this rescue group (Australian Working Dog Rescue -AWDR-) that have stolen a dog and refuse to return it to the owner. over 100 of people on Facebook are fighting to get the dog back and have posted on the AWDR Facebook wall simply asking why they are doing this. i also posted on there numerous times but was then blocked from doing so. I then got my boyfriend to comment and post on their wall.

Now, there is a group of facebook for all the people following this story and i posted on there saying "i have posted on AWDR wall with my account and got on my boyfriends account and posted a heap of comments". this particular post was screen shot and is now being used against me saying i have illegally used someone else account to harass members of the public, however my boyfriend willingly posted on there wall and commented. Have i broke the law

hlly

12 August 2014
No, you haven't broken the law.

Am I to infer that the people making these threats are not police? Stay away from this strange campaign and you'll almost certainly be fine.

kelly Porter

2 April 2015
yes, its the people that run the organisation that are threatening me, don't worry I'm staying well out of it now