WA Bought Faulty Car from Dealer - Australian Consumer Law?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Maxmoon82

14 June 2017
I got a car from local car dealer for $5300 on 31/5/2017. He also sold me desperate 1 year warranty for $280.

After purchasing while heading home the car dash displayed check engine light. I immediately called the dealer and he told me to get the car tomorrow so that he can check it. I also took it to a local mechanic before going back to him. Found out that there were oil leaks from few areas and tyres were damaged from internal side which were not visible.

Next day, I took the car to dealer and he got that check engine light erased by his mechanic and said that leaks will be rectified if I leave the car for 2 days which I did.

After 2 days, I got the vehicle. I got all tyres changed also new transmission fluid. Next day same issue. Same light came up. Also got it checked from my mechanic and leaks were not rectified. Now it's been a month and I am not using that vehicle as I wanted to drive uber which was main reason for buying vehicle and I asked for refund or another car but he gives excuses. I have invested in that car and now the car has costed me above $6000.

What can I do under Australian Consumer Law?