QLD Binding child support agreement

Discussion in 'Family Law Forum' started by LouiseThomas, 15 September 2018 at 5:27 PM.

1. LouiseThomas

LouiseThomas Well-Known Member

Wanting to understand binding child support agreements better.

My question is:

If two parents enter into a binding child support agreement, but later down the track one of them starts to earn more money, can the payee go through CSA again to get more money if the assessment works out higher than the binding child support agreement?

2. Migz

Migz Well-Known Member

3. LouiseThomas

Great thank you. Been reading up on it but could not get a straight answer like that.

My ex now has to pay me but is talking about a binding child support agreement. I am thinking he would want me to agree on a set amount but then he would eventually earn way more money.

So really there is no way anyone can dupe the other parent into receiving less than what they are entitled to? Even with binding child support agreements.

4. sammy01

sammy01 Well-Known Member

Don't do it... And I don't think CSA will change a binding agreement.
    2.7.1 What Is a Child Support Agreement? | Child Support Guide
    have a read.... It states "A binding child support agreement cannot be varied (CSA Act section 80CA"

They are a bad idea.... WHY? Well what if one of the kids says STUFF U MUM I'm gonna go live with dad.... Well dad would still have to pay you.. OR what if dad gets a better job / pay rise... OR what if the kids says STUFF YOU DAD I'm not visiting anymore - leaving you with a greater % of care of the kids but no extra child support.

They are just a bad idea.... Have a look at a limited agreeement - they expire after 3 yrs.

5. LouiseThomas

okay thanks a lot good to know