WA AVO / What happens if I stay overseas

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Mark Tee Kay

1 January 2019
OK so I guess mostly you all remember me and are familiar with my situation but let me fill you all in:

So I have a lying ex in Australia and 2 children, she has made some bulls**t allegations and got an AVO placed on me. As I am in a new relationship and was still fairly upset about the whole matter I took a flight overseas where I still a now to let all these emotions calm and spend time with my new partner. For privacy reasons I am not willing to state which country I am in.

So I was hoping to fly in to Australia and fight as we still have both names on a mortgage on a house with my children in it that I can't set foot in for two years now, not to mention a house full of electrical goods which I paid for. The problem I have learnt is I can't just go in Australia take her to court, I must make an appointment with Relastionships Australia, that transpires in to four appointments, they say they must review my AVO before deciding if they take me. then if unsuccessful it goes to court. At the most I was willing to spend one month in Australia returning for court when and if necessary. Too much already going on in my new life overseas in relation to finding a new income etc
That brings me to my next question, if I just wait and do nothing is she forced to eventually contact me when her ability to pay the mortgage on her own ceases? She is currently paying mortgage from money she stole from a joint bank account without consent. Can a judge rule that she can keep the house because I went overseas? After all I paid the mortgage for 10+ years and whilst i want my children to have a home I also expect to see them. In 2 years when AVO is finished can I just show up on her doorstep?