written sexual consent

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

piano0011

6 August 2018
I guess that I understand.... a person can withdraw the sex at any time but once after having sex, the person cannot charge that person for r**e can it?

Atticus

6 February 2019
A person can be accused of r**e even within a marriage... An app isn't going to protect you .... If you are asked to stop at any point, you MUST stop..

piano0011

6 August 2018
I thought I did reply but maybe I didn't... I understand that anyone can withdraw their consent but once they have consented to having sex, they can't report you for r**e after that right? But during sex, if they said no, then the person has to stop..

Atticus

6 February 2019
I understand that anyone can withdraw their consent but once they have consented to having sex, they can't report you for r**e after that right?
Of course they can report you... & if police decide after questioning that there are grounds to charge, they can... In defending that charge, if it comes down to the act in it's entirety being consensual or not, (consent can vary from state to state BTW) an app or written agreement may well not make much difference in the outcome.

Also fairly sure a guy pulling out an app at the end of a nice night out is going to be a bit of a romance killer LOL

If this is a real world problem for a person rather than a curiosity, perhaps that person is better off using sex workers

Docupedia

7 October 2020
As covered, consent is point in time.

Can they change their mind afterward? Very difficult proposition, and why this area is so complex. Strictly speaking, no. But what if they were inebriated (and therefore couldn’t legally consent)? Or under duress? Or mistaken? These are all rhetorical questions - but raised to show some of the depth of complexity that can come into play.

piano0011

6 August 2018
I have read an article somewhere, stating that a written consent is a must when it comes to consensual sex. I mean, wouldn't this be enough to the person? I guess a person can be pressured to signing the form to engage in sexual activities but also heard some cases, where girls can accuse the guy for r**e when in fact, it was consensual. Just thought that by doing such an app, it would protect the person against this allegation? I guess then, what is the best way to protect against sexual assault? I have almost finished my android app for this but as mentioned, have read some articles stating that a signed consent form is good enough to make sure that it is consensual sex?

Atticus

6 February 2019
have read some articles stating that a signed consent form is good enough to make sure that it is consensual sex?
It won't prevent a person from making an allegation, & as already explained, that could result in a charge, & a signed consent may or may not be of any value at all as a defence .... Neither will your article

piano0011

6 August 2018
Are we talking about the laws in Australia as a whole? What about in Victoria? What is the best way in preventing this sort of allegation in the first place then?