written sexual consent

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

piano0011

6 August 2018
Hello!

I have been developing a sexual consent android app and just wondering if a person signs the form, would this protect me if I have been charged with any sexual offences? Also, what would happen if the person signs the app stating that he or she is above the legal age but had lied about their age? Also, what if the person fraud their signture? Could he or she be charged with fraud? Will this type of app protect me enough from these allegations?

Atticus

6 February 2019
Any such app would not give you protection from prosecution should a complaint be made to police & they charge you .... If allowed as evidence, it wouldn't have a great deal of probative value, & not at all regarding under age

piano0011

6 August 2018
this is interesting, then how can a person engage in consensual sex? I know that some people might change their mind about this and report the r**e to the police. You mean that the app won't be good enough to protect one's person? Even with their signature signed?

piano0011

6 August 2018
I am still wondering how come it won't protect you if the person signs it? Isn't that still mean that they have consented to have sex with you in written form? I thought that written consent is better than verbal consent?

Tony Danos

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
29 November 2016
Victoria
lawtap.com
It would be one form of proof but what if form signed and halfway through they change their mind. You could not rely on some app to say consent could not be withdrawn.

piano0011

6 August 2018
But isn't that the point about signing the form, is that the person should decide first before consenting to sex? I guess, then anyone could change their mind half way through having sex....

piano0011

6 August 2018
...And he/she is allowed to.
I still think this defeats the purpose of consensual sex if a person can change their mind halfway through... That means, anyone could always go to the police and report about r**e at anytime after changing their mind.. Can I add in a clause stating that the person cannot change their mind once it is signed?

Last edited: