VIC Statute of Limitations to Charge for Sexual Assault?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

BB8

6 September 2017
No harm in asking at a community legal centre.

re: Job seeking. Use it to your advantage by saying you self reported, co-operated and still not been charged.

I did that. At every interview (13 interviews to be exact). Never got a response afterwards despite interviewing really well (you know your interview went well when it goes for over an hour).

So I decided to not mention it at interviews. Got job offers the same or next day. All those jobs offers (over 10 of them), immediately withdrew their offer of employment as soon as they saw the police check with the mention of “sexual assault”.

Go to show that being upfront and honest does not matter these days to employers.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
OK. I'd be explaining the situation to the police to see if they'd help.

Bill Murray

6 June 2018
Wow that's harsh - and that's coming from a cop.

We never really stop investigating in QLD. If someone is unsubstantiated then yeah but otherwise it's generally just filed pending further information.

King-maker

29 June 2018
I did that. At every interview (13 interviews to be exact). Never got a response afterwards despite interviewing really well (you know your interview went well when it goes for over an hour).

So I decided to not mention it at interviews. Got job offers the same or next day. All those jobs offers (over 10 of them), immediately withdrew their offer of employment as soon as they saw the police check with the mention of “sexual assault”.

Go to show that being upfront and honest does not matter these days to employers.

I am sorry to hear this man. That's really harsh. Hope things will work out for you in the end.

King-maker

29 June 2018
Wow that's harsh - and that's coming from a cop.

We never really stop investigating in QLD. If someone is unsubstantiated then yeah but otherwise it's generally just filed pending further information.

Sorry, I am new to this forum so don't know many members of this forum. You said you are cop.

Just a quick question for you if you don't mind me asking; I have not heard from Police in last 13 months for an investigation. what's the best way to know what's happening with the case? What are my options if I want this investigation to reach to its conclusion soon?

I can't wait for this investigation to end so I can take appropriate action against accuser for false accusation which costed me my job and loss of income.

Justice1

13 June 2019
Justice1Member
I had a 2 week trial late last year I have 2 daughters to two mothers and they both accused me of multiple sexual assaults over the last 3 years, I was found not guilty of any of them worse 3 years of my life though, I was wonder if anyone has any evidence against DHHS I want to get at least 7 people and start a civil class action law suit against them, in my case they allowed the mothers in the same room and asked my daughters leading questions and didnt comply with my subpoena.
If you know on anyone else in same boat it would be helpful thanks