Work remotely for overseas clients while I am with tourist visa in Australia

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

kike

8 October 2019
I have been dealing with this issue quite long and cannot find straight answer.
I would like to apply for skilled visa in Australia already done skill assessment ACS and one year of my work experience I did with tourist visa in Australia working remotely for a foreign company in home country, reading the “no work” condition 8101 states only incidental work cannot be considered breach but over than that can be considered as a breach. I did professional online job almost the whole period I was in Australia over 25 hours per week not involving Australia employers or taxes at all only home country.
Now, I have wanted to apply EOI and found out this issue that could be catastrophic for my expectations to get skilled visa.
Is there anything I can do about it?
Once I received the invitation a case officer can find out this situation and consider it as an offence and deny the application?

Thanks very much.

457Visafraud

16 April 2017
one year of my work experience I did with tourist visa in Australia working remotely for a foreign company in home country, reading the “no work” condition 8101 states only incidental work cannot be considered breach but over than that can be considered as a breach. I did professional online job almost the whole period I was in Australia over 25 hours per week
I think that if the money you've earned helped you living in Australia, then your income is subject to tax rules because at some point you need to transfer money.
When you arrived as a tourist you declared how much money you had and how you would support yourself during your stay in Australia so I think this is not compatible with your online work.
I think it could be seen as fraudulent because you broke Visa rules plus you avoided tax obligations.
I hope I'm wrong so I think you need to talk to an immigration Lawyer NOT an agent.