VIC Immigration Law - Girl on Tourist Visa Working Illegally?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

janey000

16 February 2016
A Turkish girl, aged 26, has been having an affair with my partner who is 54. She is here on a tourist visa but has been working illegally, picking tomatoes and has made over 10,000 in cash. She has tried to extend here visa but I think it was refused, so she has to return to Turkey to reapply. Can this scammer return to Australia under Immigration Law?

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
If you are sure that she's been working illegally,
have you considered giving Immigration a call and dobbing her in?

janey000

16 February 2016
If you are sure that she's been working illegally,
have you considered giving Immigration a call and dobbing her in?

I have called immigration and have also emailed them but she is still working and works under a family on the property. She has made so much money all cash, but I really don't understand why immigration has not acted on this.

She leaves for Turkey between 20th -24th of Feb and is telling my partner that she is going off shore to reapply for a visa so she can come back here to marry in June. She has a 8-year-old daughter that she is telling that its with her ex-husband ,but will eventually bring her here if not all her family.

I find this to be too unreal as my partner is 54. I have a very bad feeling about this and I see it to be a scam of a relationship. She has even prepared a journal stating that she has known him since September to cover her tracks but I know she had only meet him Christmas eve.