NSW Woolworth banned what next

Discussion in 'Criminal Law Forum' started by wombat990, 14 August 2019.

1. wombat990

wombat990 Member

My 55 year old wife was banned from Woolworths 4 days ago for not giving the checkout out person all the bags in trolley she was stopped and advised she had not paid for all the item. There was 3 bags from other stores in the trolley and out of sight was some items from woolworths she returned to checkout and paid for the items. Staff issued banned notice. I called Woolworths to inquire about the issue and was advised they will now involve the police since I made inquiries. Have I done the wrong thing by asking them about the issue and what will happen now

2. Adam1user

Adam1user Well-Known Member

If banned, then that means the person is not allowed to enter the shop, if so, police can be called.
    If this was an honest mistake, taking the age into consideration, you can go to the management and explain it was a mistake and pay for the items. If not, then there is nothing to be done. Just stay away for the specified period.
    Make sure you don't go to other Woolworths, as the ban applies there, and police can be called.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. wombat990

wombat990 Member

All items were paid for as soon as this issue was raised, I have spoken to the manager on my wife's behalf and explained that we have been shopping at this store for 20 years and I assured him that this was a mistake as she must have not seen the Woolworths bag with the ADLI items and other store items that were also in the trolley as she is blind in 1 eye, but he was quite aggressive and said she is a shoplifter and since you have asked about this issue I am going to forward it to the police. So I called the police and there is no record about this issue so far, so am I going to expect police on my door step one day in the future to arrest my wife. As for banned my whole family will never ever shop and any Woolworths owned stores again. $40k per year that's my fine to them...

4. Adam1user

Adam1user Well-Known Member

All I can say is that there are heartless people in the world, and taking it from the side of view from the Manager, there are a lot of people who lie to the manager so to not to waste time, he follows the same approach with everyone, I am not defending him, but this is what I think happened.

From your side now, don't worry about the police coming as no on put a compliant, and don's shop in Woolworth again. Word of mouth is a very powerful weapon, you can spread the word around, it may not make much difference to Woolworth, but it will to the manager, and what goes around comes around. Believe me, this does happen.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...