NSW Who out there knows how to stop a narcissist?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Dpj

1 July 2020
I know. I suppose what I was getting at is that when someone doesn't have primary care, and they understand the dysfunction at the other residence, its hard to just do nothing as doing nothing (ie, not initiating legal proceedings) is essentially giving into protecting the children from a potential life of emotional dysfunction.

sammy01

27 September 2015
Hey, I see your point. BUT... The reality is it is very rare for one parent to be given sole care and SPR. There has to be severe abuse or drug /alcohol issues or severe criminality.
Sadly, there are no physical bruises with emotional abuse. And high functioning nutters are very persuasive. I remember thinking that the problem I had was that my capacity to tell the truth was dwarfed by my ex's capacity to lie... That is a dangerous reality when considering court. I reckon the emotional turmoil 2-3 maybe more years of court is likely to expose the kids to more emotional harm because the ex would have been looking for oportunities to find fault with me, or interogate the kids.
And for all that, as a bloke, I realised I had stuff all chance of getting the courts to see the harm she has caused.

I admit, I got a bit lucky. She applied to move 8 hours away when we had orders that included a no relocation clause. She lost that fight and moved anyways. So my case became more about relocation than about the fact that she is a nutter.

Anyways, rant over.

Needingapath

30 March 2024
IMO: the strategy to defend/defeat a narcissist must be legal and more.
You are dealing with a tragic and difficult Personality Disorder first and foremost.
His legal attack is informed, targeted and define by that NPD.
To the narcissist; the law is just another tool for her/him to 'play the world'... like we all are!

When, and only when, you can "pollute the narcissist's perception of the supply" will you get the narcissist to stop seeking for that supply.

Strategy, Tactics, Actions.. I'd gladly and happily try to help you stop yet another narcissistic monster from damaging/destroying yet another child.
Any advice is welcome. Currently dealing with one and she is severely impacting the child. Coercion, alienation, control, even relying on a child for emotional support - subjected child to intervene with their self harm. No one is listening and we’re dead broke now so can’t get a lawyer again.

sammy01

27 September 2015
Any advice is welcome. Currently dealing with one and she is severely impacting the child. Coercion, alienation, control, even relying on a child for emotional support - subjected child to intervene with their self harm. No one is listening and we’re dead broke now so can’t get a lawyer again.
Ok, look. Maybe start your own thread. More detail required. Do you currently have court orders? are they being followed? the more info the better the advice you'll get. No names, addresses.