What is the normal arrangements for changeover?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Nonfiction

17 May 2018
Victoria
Using the primary carer card to justify laziness is a joke. Tell your friend to drive an hour and meet halfway or do alternate 2 hour drives.

What has being tha main carer got to do with common decency and sharing things. I bet she would want shared costs in everything hey?

As for it being easier, it is only easier for the person sitting on their backside doing no driving. The child still travels the same distance yes?

Plenty of people drive a lot longer than an hour to facilitate children seeing a parent.

Parents like this are a right wind up and if you took me to court on this i would up the ante and be cross applying for more time, so would any sensible person.

The parents have court orders...in this case unfortunately the best dad can hope for is mum agreeing to mediation and being willing to compromise...otherwise it’s a R&A argument to get it back into court. If dad doesn’t turn up to collect the kids and only drives 1/2 way, expecting mum to drive the other half (which she won’t if she doesn’t agree to any change), then he’d be the one not following the current orders...

Reactions: thatbloke

thatbloke

5 February 2018
Earth
True, but that does not change the fact that mum is talking out of her backside

Last edited: