Other parent unable to spend time with children due to illness

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

AllForHer

23 July 2014
As I said, you are entitled to your opinion, as am I, but the reality is, any opinion that could lead the original poster to break the law (breach the court orders) should be viewed with caution.

Agree. Forum users should always use their discretion when deciding which opinions to adopt and which opinions to reject. At the end of the day, we aren’t giving legal advice here, so we assume none of the risk and will face none of the consequences.

thatbloke

5 February 2018
Earth
Resorting to personal attacks on members

Look PAL, if you cannot sit down with your ex and work things out so that Children do not end up being left with friends during your time, then that is your problem. Mutual backslap other people as much as you like but the best place for kids to be is WITH THEIR PARENTS. and if you are one of these parents who cant work out simple things with your ex like this and would rather leave your kids at friends houses, then go ahead. I could not care less.

IN MY OPINION... Its APPALLING that people actually consider leaving kids with friends is better than the kids being with a parent when the other is sick. That is not parenting, it is bitter angry parent behaviour.

Goodbye to you too :-D

AllForHer

23 July 2014
Look PAL, if you cannot sit down with your ex and work things out so that Children do not end up being left with friends during your time, then that is your problem. Mutual backslap other people as much as you like but the best place for kids to be is WITH THEIR PARENTS. and if you are one of these parents who cant work out simple things with your ex like this and would rather leave your kids at friends houses, then go ahead. I could not care less.

IN MY OPINION... Its APPALLING that people actually consider leaving kids with friends is better than the kids being with a parent when the other is sick. That is not parenting, it is bitter angry parent behaviour.

Goodbye to you too :-D

Nobody here has ever denied that the sensible, reasonable, best-practice option is to sit down with the ex and sort out an alternative arrangement. Nobody has even denied that Dad should really be giving the kids to Mum if he’s sick.

But this isn’t a forum about good parenting, or what we think is good parenting, or even what any of us actually do in practice as parents. It’s a forum about law, and everyone here, except you, has put their own feelings aside to give a response that reflects the law, regardless of whether we agree with that law or not.