- Australia's #1 Legal Community is a community of 10,000+ Australians, just like you, helping each other.
Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
Join us, it only takes a minute:

NSW Website Refused to Remove Post - What to Do?

Discussion in 'Defamation Law Forum' started by Jennie, 18 October 2016.

Find a Lawyer Form
Find a Lawyer Form
Find a Lawyer Form
  1. Jennie

Jennie Member

18 October 2016
    When I was very emotional and upset, I placed a not very nice post and a picture of the woman my ex had an affair with on the homewrecker site. I know it was a stupid thing to do and at first, I didn't think it had gone through as I saw nothing, but last month I saw that the post had indeed been put up.

I contacted the site owners to try and have it removed. They have refused and have refused to even remove the picture or let me edit the post either. I also contacted Google hoping they would maybe delete the page from their search results but they say they cannot (I knew that was a long shot).

I am really worried. I know when this woman finds out she will go to the police. I know it was such a stupid thing to do. I just want the post removed so I can move on with my life.
  2. Rod

Rod Well-Known Member

27 May 2014
    Send a registered letter demanding the post be removed. Keep a copy of the letter. It may not stop a lawsuit against you, but it will help. Advise the website owners that under Australian law they may also become a party able to be sued under Australian law.