Australia's #1 for Law

Join 11,000+ Australians. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, Want peace of mind with personalised legal advice today? Visit LawTap to find the right Australian lawyer and book online instantly.

NSW Website Refused to Remove Post - What to Do?

Discussion in 'Defamation Law Forum' started by Jennie, 18 October 2016.

Tags:
  1. Jennie

Jennie Member

When I was very emotional and upset, I placed a not very nice post and a picture of the woman my ex had an affair with on the homewrecker site. I know it was a stupid thing to do and at first, I didn't think it had gone through as I saw nothing, but last month I saw that the post had indeed been put up.

I contacted the site owners to try and have it removed. They have refused and have refused to even remove the picture or let me edit the post either. I also contacted Google hoping they would maybe delete the page from their search results but they say they cannot (I knew that was a long shot).

I am really worried. I know when this woman finds out she will go to the police. I know it was such a stupid thing to do. I just want the post removed so I can move on with my life.

2. Rod

Rod Well-Known Member

Send a registered letter demanding the post be removed. Keep a copy of the letter. It may not stop a lawsuit against you, but it will help. Advise the website owners that under Australian law they may also become a party able to be sued under Australian law.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...