LawAnswers.com.au - Australia's #1 Legal Community

LawAnswers.com.au is a community of 10,000+ Australians, just like you, helping each other.
Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
Join us, it only takes a minute:

UK Removal and Australian Spouse Visa Application?

Discussion in 'Immigration Law Forum' started by Tabs, 16 August 2015.

1. Tabs

Tabs Member

I have been living in UK on student visa for more than 3 years.
    I'm originally from Pakistan and actually I came to Pakistan because of my father's illness and couldn't take the leave from my college.
    After spending 4 months in Pakistan, when I went back to UK, the immigration officer didn't let me in London he canceled my valid student visa and made the orders for removal.
    Now I'm married to a permanent resident of Australia. My wife got the permanent residency (PR), can you please tell me is this going to affect my application for spouse visa? If yes then can it lead to refusal for spouse visa? I will be really thankful to you if you will write me back.

2. John R

John R Well-Known Member

Hi @Tabs
    I'm a bit confused - your wife is in Australia as a PR and you're back in Pakistan after being removed from the UK?
    Given the complexity of your situation, you'd be best to contact an immigration lawyer/migration agent (if you haven't retained one already) to assist you to prepare any Australian spouse visa application. All the best.

3. Tabs

Tabs Member

Actually I was sent back from UK as I was on student visa.
    Now I'm married to Australian permanent resident, so I'm a bit afraid of applying spouse visa for Australia.

4. John R

John R Well-Known Member

Hi @Tabs,
    My earlier thought still stands, contact an immigration lawyer/migration agent for specific advice for your complex circumstances. Please keep us updated with your progress.

5. Tabs

Tabs Member

Ok John, I will update you abt my case. Thanks for ur help mate, really kind of you.

John R likes this.