UK Removal and Australian Spouse Visa Application?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Tabs

16 August 2015
I have been living in UK on student visa for more than 3 years.
I'm originally from Pakistan and actually I came to Pakistan because of my father's illness and couldn't take the leave from my college.
After spending 4 months in Pakistan, when I went back to UK, the immigration officer didn't let me in London he cancelled my valid student visa and made the orders for removal.
Now I'm married to a permanent resident of Australia. My wife got the permanent residency (PR), can you please tell me is this going to affect my application for spouse visa? If yes then can it lead to refusal for spouse visa? I will be really thankful to you if you will write me back.

John R

14 April 2014
Sydney
Hi @Tabs
I'm a bit confused - your wife is in Australia as a PR and you're back in Pakistan after being removed from the UK?
Given the complexity of your situation, you'd be best to contact an immigration lawyer/migration agent (if you haven't retained one already) to assist you to prepare any Australian spouse visa application. All the best.

Tabs

16 August 2015
Actually I was sent back from UK as I was on student visa.
Now I'm married to Australian permanent resident, so I'm a bit afraid of applying spouse visa for Australia.

John R

14 April 2014
Sydney
Hi @Tabs,
My earlier thought still stands, contact an immigration lawyer/migration agent for specific advice for your complex circumstances. Please keep us updated with your progress.