QLD Traffic Infringement Notice After Driving Past RBT?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Rob T

13 March 2019
I have driven past a single officer RBT without seeing him as he was standing with the rising sun behind him.

I have pulled up approximately 100 metres down the road & returned to him on foot. The QLD police officer has failed to identify himself & been very aggressive & confrontational & at no time has he tried to breath test me.

He has continued to intimidate me and as I felt threatened I have left the scene.

2 days later I have received 2 traffic infringement notices by registered post both are for $783. I now no longer feel safe because of the actions of this officer & what can I expect if I challenge these in court?

Adam1user

5 January 2018
I have driven past a single officer RBT without seeing him as he was standing with the rising sun behind him.
I have pulled up approximately 100 mtrs down the road & returned to him on foot.
The QLD police oficer has failed to identify himself & been VERY aggressive & confrontational & at no time has he tried to breath test me.
He has continued to intimidate me and as I felt threatend I have left the scene.
2 days later I have receieved 2 infingemnet notices by registered post both are for $783.
I now no longer feel safe because of the actions of this officer & what can I expect if I challenge these in court.

This is a tricky situation, but depending on the location where it happened, that may help a bit. If it happened in a remote area, this can help you a bit, but stating your case clarifying you did not feel safe, this may help, but if it happened in a residential area, I don't think this would help (there is a possibility that that officer was not an officer but very low possibility). Do you have anything solid to support your case? If not, that is it, pay it and live and learn.
I am not a lawyer and this is only my opinion.
Good luck.

Scruff

25 July 2018
NSW
What offence is shown on the two infringements? I find it rather curious that they're both for the same amount.