NSW Testing Children for Soccer - Forms Needed?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Nineb

25 January 2017
Hello Everyone,

I am planning on starting a business where I will be testing soccer children on their skill levels. The testing will be done at clubs they currently play for.

I know I will need a Working With Children Check and also a police check.

I'm only quite unsure of any paperwork I would need to get the parents to fill out prior to testing them such as parent consent or anything else like that.

I will also be gathering personal information to build a website where images will be posted online. Information such as Name, Photo, Age, Club they play for, etc.

Just wanted to be 100% sure before beginning. What type of paperwork or forms would I need to get the parents to fill our prior to testing under privacy law? And what type of information should I add to these forms?

All help is much apprecaited! Thanks!

sammy01

27 September 2015
You would need a consent form... It would need to include consent from parents to put photo's of their kids on the web.

I fail to see how the business is gonna make any money though... What are you testing and for what purpose?

Hayder Shkara

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
16 January 2017
Sydney, NSW
www.neatlaw.com.au
What type of paperwork or forms would I need to get the parents to fill our prior to testing? and what type of information should i add to these forms?

You would need a waiver of liability form - i.e. parents understand that their children may be hurt whilst playing the sport.

Nineb

25 January 2017
Thank you both for the reply. I will look into it. In saying that would any of you two be interested in creating one? along with a consent form to use their information on the web? I am willing to pay if so.

Hayder Shkara

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
16 January 2017
Sydney, NSW
www.neatlaw.com.au