NSW Telling the truth online

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

loveorfear

8 April 2021
Hi - so people I bought property with overseas have told lots of lies, broken clear agreements, and extorted me from my agreed share in the property, including blocking access to it, and not paying any rent for over two years. They are rich and hiding, obfuscating and not answering questions, trying to muddy the waters, and saying they will only deal through lawyers (ie. trying to make it impossible to do anything about it) . My consideration after 2 years of this is to post a video with their actual (in writing) behaviour, and start sending it out to the people we know and have in common - and then if necessary to more and more people until they are exposed and made to face up and do the right thing and pay me off. I just want to be clear that as long as I post varifiable truths, then I am safe to do so. It's not an opinion, it's facts. Often lawyers will say no don;t do it - go through us - but as both of these two and the property are in different countries, that makes it complicated. I've been advised I could sue for Moral damages (for the lies and impact on my reputation) but the real loss is in the property value that hasn't been paid. Any advice greatly appreciated! Thankyou.