Step mother accusations against my child

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Tamjr2019

19 June 2019
My children's step mother has made horrible accusations about my youngest daughter behaving in a sexually abusive way towards her half sister, who is only 1. Its been stated that my daughter has taught her half sibling to penetraye herself and has touched animals. I've never seen my daughter act this way and she only visits dad and family every second weekend. I asked the father and he denied having been a witness to these events, as did her older sister. I asked the father to not take my daughter around his partner and younger daughter until it could be sorted out but he has told the children to lie to me and has kept them in contact and visiting anyway. No one has explained this situation to me properly and refuse to answer questions reasonably. My younger daughter started to develop anxiety as a result and I have stopped access visits. I'm 5 weeks away from having another child and am not able to begin more court proceedings at the moment. Will I be punished for stopping access visits? How do I deal with this situation for when I have to present it to the court? I have Facebook message and text message evidence that these accusations have been made and the father admitted to telling my girls to lie to me.

sammy01

27 September 2015
I would not be stopping visits. Not until a formal complaint is lodged. So when dad has the child in his care it is his call with what happens.
If the police are not involved then you're not helping your cause.

You alone have decided that the best treatment for daughter is stopping visits? are you a psychologist? NOPE? so you can't really diagnose daughter as having anxiety... Let alone decide the treatment should be depriving her access to her dad. I think you need to communicate to dad. BUT Ultimately, what dad does in when the kid is with dad is dad's business. Surely, if his daughter is reason for concern around the baby, then as mature adults they would deal with.

BTW how old is your daughter?

Tamjr2019

19 June 2019
Hi Sammy,

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate any outside perspectives I can get at the moment. I have taken my daughter to a pyschologist and they have witnessed her having an anxiety attack and have lodged a formal complaint with CPS but they have not yet given me any advice and I have no idea if they have followed it up. I did try to organise temporary alternate ways for the the father to spend time with the kids, which the father would constantly agree to but then ultimately he would do the opposite. Things spiralled out of control further with the children coming home distraught and even refusing to go school because they said their father was telling them to lie to me about what was happening and telling me they were scared because he was losing his temper at them. His partner was messaging me and telling me she couldn't cope with him. I tried to arrange day time visits which he refused in the interim, until I am able to go to court, but I will be self represented because partners income is too high for legal aid but we are under finanicial pressure for other reasons.
He will not communicate with me about the issues and pretends as if nothing has happened, so there is no way to resolve or get to the bottom of what is actually going on, to be able to find a pathway to move forward. I had asked him to attend the counselling sessions with my daughter and he agreed but never followed through.
My daughter is 7.

Hanna jaye

15 March 2019
I would be calling “department of community justice”... Known as facs/ docs they had another name change.
Advise them of the allegations made (helps show your looking out for your child’s wellbeing, as to be sexual is a sign of being tampered with in A LOT OF CASES. Tell them your concerns & ask for guidance. I would also be taking her to your gp, advice your gp & ask for a mental health plan for a child psychologist. This way you ceasing access is deemed for her safety & “reasonable actions” until you can ensure her safety in that home.
Without calling the above it would turn against you in court.

good luck