Australia's #1 for Law

Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

Separation and 457 Visa - 28 Days to leave Australia?

Discussion in 'Immigration Law Forum' started by Chari, 10 January 2015.

  1. Chari

    Chari Guest

    Hello, now I'm second 457 visa of my husband but we are going to separate I would like to know how long it will take for the Department of Immigration to contact me back after the report? I knew after that I have 28 days left here.
  2. Chari

    Chari Guest

    And the other we have a problem I really want to try to fix the problem but he not even to give me a chance can I not agree to separate.
  3. Tracy B

    Tracy B Well-Known Member

    24 December 2014
    Likes Received:
    Hi Chari,

    If you have not yet divorced your sponsoring spouse and the separation was less than 12 months ago, you may still be entitled to stay in Australia. I would contact a migration lawyer/agent immediately to review your options. You should also report any change in the relationship (i.e. that you are separating but this may not be a permanent separation) to the Department of Immigration, if you haven't already, as soon as possible.
  4. Taariq

    Taariq Member

    18 June 2015
    Likes Received:
    G'day Chari,
    l am very sorry to hear your situation. Please tell us a bit more about your background.

Share This Page