NSW Seeking Costs for Travel?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

sammy01

27 September 2015
No legal advice today,

Go make a nice cuppa tea and sit down.. amateur psychologist today...

So, some advice I recieved once... Kill her with kindness... Not my weapon of choice...
Kid already sides with mum. Doesn't wanna come with you... Hates you because it is your fault that mummy cant take her to Bali to get her hair braided. (just go with me for a bit).

Take it to court, travel will be approved, it will cause stress, kid will hate you all the more because mum will make sure the kid knows that it is all your fault... BTW - travel will be approved for you too... BUT I hate our system. So mum will keep hold of the passport. Someone has to... You book tickets, pay for the lot - hopefully she is nice about it and hands over the passport. But if she doesn't... Back to court - more grief. Mum cries poor and claims that if she is forced to pay for the missed travel expense the child will suffer...
Take a sip of your tea... Calm down...

Now if she is intent on being completely unreasonable - no court order can change that.

So back to killing her with kindness... Agree for her travel plans. Mate the kid gets to go OS... Any international travel is a wonderful eye openner for kids. But do your best to make sure the kid knows you're not being unreasonable - that you're supporting the travel plans, that you hope mum and daughter have a great time. Ask the kid to send you a post card.. Basically don't behave like your ex... Be a better role model.

Sure mum is likely to get in the kid's ear and tell her that daddy wussed out because big strong mum threatened court... Let her tell her version of life to the kid... Now I'd like to be all Brady Bunch and it all works out in the end and you'll take the kid OS too. But it doesn't - But at some point down the track, your kid just might at the age of 16 - or 19 or 21 realise... And even if she doesn't at least you're trying to be a good role model for your kid and that my friend is more important than any holiday...
how is ya tea

Reactions: AllForHer

Mygirl07

7 June 2018
No legal advice today,

Go make a nice cuppa tea and sit down.. amateur psychologist today...

So, some advice I recieved once... Kill her with kindness... Not my weapon of choice...
Kid already sides with mum. Doesn't wanna come with you... Hates you because it is your fault that mummy cant take her to Bali to get her hair braided. (just go with me for a bit).

Take it to court, travel will be approved, it will cause stress, kid will hate you all the more because mum will make sure the kid knows that it is all your fault... BTW - travel will be approved for you too... BUT I hate our system. So mum will keep hold of the passport. Someone has to... You book tickets, pay for the lot - hopefully she is nice about it and hands over the passport. But if she doesn't... Back to court - more grief. Mum cries poor and claims that if she is forced to pay for the missed travel expense the child will suffer...
Take a sip of your tea... Calm down...

Now if she is intent on being completely unreasonable - no court order can change that.

So back to killing her with kindness... Agree for her travel plans. Mate the kid gets to go OS... Any international travel is a wonderful eye openner for kids. But do your best to make sure the kid knows you're not being unreasonable - that you're supporting the travel plans, that you hope mum and daughter have a great time. Ask the kid to send you a post card.. Basically don't behave like your ex... Be a better role model.

Sure mum is likely to get in the kid's ear and tell her that daddy wussed out because big strong mum threatened court... Let her tell her version of life to the kid... Now I'd like to be all Brady Bunch and it all works out in the end and you'll take the kid OS too. But it doesn't - But at some point down the track, your kid just might at the age of 16 - or 19 or 21 realise... And even if she doesn't at least you're trying to be a good role model for your kid and that my friend is more important than any holiday...
how is ya tea
You Sir.. should run for prime minister ha!
No I agree. I think it’s inevitable that no matter what I say or do, how many swimming and gymnastic classes I take her to, how many movies and trampoline parks and visits to the parks and swings and reading to her and pancakes on Saturday morning... etc I will always be the hated one and I MAY be lucky, one day years from now, if she lets me walk her down the isle... with her “other dad” anyway.
Tea is warm and sweet mate. Thanks for the reply.

sammy01

27 September 2015
My penny to your pound... The other daddy will work out the truth about mummy and the other daddy will probably be happy to have a beer with you as he like you will have been eaten up and spat out.

Reactions: Mygirl07