NSW Return Resident Visa Application

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now


30 April 2020

Essential Facts:
I am 34 years old and hold a valid passport from the USA;
I am currently on a 186 visa, the travel facility of which expired on 30 December 2019;
I was sentenced to a 2 year good behaviour bond for drug possession;
The 2 year good behaviour bond was from 2015 until 2017; completed with no issues.
I intend to apply for a Resident Return (subclass 155) visa;
You would like to know how to complete the RRV application form.

I will have to disclose my 2 year good behaviour bond in the RRV application under the question, “Has the applicant ever been convicted of an offence in any country (including any conviction which is now removed form official records)?” I will obtain my Australian Federal Police Clearance certificate and upload it to my RRV application. I understand that the case officer may issue me a request for further information asking me to comment on my offence (i.e. to outline the circumstances surrounding the offence and evidence of your good character).

Is it better to use a immigration to process this RRV application given I had a section with a good behaviour bond or is fine if I do it myself?