VIC Report a fake marriage

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Mincheff

8 September 2020
My ex-partner is in a fake marriage and is living in Australia on a partner visa. She was living with me for a few months earlier this year, and on several occasions I was asked to scan, print & email her visa related documents. In May/June her ex-boyfriend went on a violent rampage at my house and was arrested for criminal damages. She abruptly disappeared without a word the day of his arrest, and quickly turned on me. I was deceived and told her I should report her to immigration for her conduct. To protect against possible retaliation for her ex-boyfriend’s violent behaviour and criminal damage, she went to the police and had a fake IVO taken out on me. She told the police about my immigration comments and they were included in her statement on the IVO. They weren’t referenced in the conditions. I think everything that happened may have been orchestrated, and I want to report her to immigration because she is morally corrupt. Can I get into any trouble with the police because of the fake IVO?